Friday, June 6, 2008

What's in the pot?

White bean soup made with fresh vegetable stock. Used the immersion blender to make it a bit creamier. Also used a local mushroom in the vegetable stock though to be honest I couldn't really taste the difference.

Also, I'm making another batch of tomato paste. I went to Zoloni Bazaar this afternoon and bought 5 kg of the best tomatoes I could find and used about half for the batch of tomato paste.

Also got more cherries, plums to mash for Cody (he was unsure of it at first but he just polished of a small bowl of mashed plums mixed with rice cereal), peaches (thought it's not yet the height of the season, but I will find something to make with them), and 3 varieties of beans. I found these giant beans they look a bit like kidney beans but they are very black in the middle and then brown on the edges, they are humongous. Also bought some more white beans and special brown & white variety of mung beans.

No comments: