Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Pizza tonight.

Fresh made pizza dough. Fresh made pizza sauce.

These were pretty damn good. I may have made the dough a bit thin and thinner yet by throwing it old school style (I used to throw pizza dough for Willie's Cheese & Wine Pizzeria in Medford, back in 1985). We had some difficulty getting the first pie into the oven, but once it began to bake, the crust became nice and crunchy. Even with out a decent mozzarella available ( the closest is something called 'Khujandi", and I had the nanny pick some up for us. It was absolutely atrocious. Cheese is not a high priority for Central Asians) the pizza was still pretty good. I used a Dutch Edam in place of the mozzarella.

The key here though was the sauce. I had tried to make a second batch of tomato paste, but I cut the process short because I didn't want it to burn. Apparently, half way to tomato paste you arrive at the worlds best pizza sauce. I am now convinced that I will never have to buy Digorno pizza crusts ever again, or anything pre-made ever again. In your face Betty Crocker!

No comments: